August 23rd, 2010

...and be sure to stay tuned this afternoon for our chat with a couple of backyard chicken farmers about their plan for safer eggs.

See all egg recall information on Eatocracy and full coverage on CNN Health

Posted by:
Filed under: Backyard Chickens • Business and Farming News • News • Think • Video

1. Buying meat online

I would love to wake up to a cock crowing, raising chicken at the backyard has always interested me, i loved to look at the chickens at my grand parents farm house and adore the little chicks.

November 2, 2010 at 5:31 am | Reply
  2. Bob

You really need a good bit of land, or at least space between neighbors. I remember a flock of chickens next door when I was growing up and they were noisy, especially in the morning. Not to throw cold water on a growing fad, but I would be the one to call law enforcement every time they woke me up.

August 24, 2010 at 8:02 am | Reply
    • ladidi

Chickens are VERY quiet, it is the Roosters that crow. I have 100 chickens and nobody knows they are there.

August 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Reply
      • Vic

That's what you think...

September 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Reply
  3. ben munden

Hooray for backyard chickens, bought 6 barred rock hens a year ago, and haven't had to buy eggs since! Egg recall? what egg recall?

August 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Reply
  4. Bobby G

I guess these can be called 'Backyard Chickens.' When I visited my grandparents in Florida, chickens roamed all over the place a were referred to as simply 'Yard Birds.' I still call fried chicken 'Yard Bird.' My daughter get a kick out of it everytime. lol

August 23, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Reply