Starstruck at supper
August 5th, 2010

When you live in New York, celeb sightings at restaurants aren't especially uncommon, but that doesn't mean we don't get all excited and Tweet from under the table.

Eatocracy editors have been especially starstruck over the past couple of days, with a Ruth Reichl spotting at lunch today and Tony Bennett at the next table at dinner last night.

Who's the biggest star you've ever seen out at a restaurant? Let us know in the comments below and spare no details - did you pop over for a picture, or just sit and giggle to yourself and try not to stare? (That's our standard M.O.)

(And we won't pretend we don't get all giddy when we see Anderson Cooper walk across the newsroom, but that's our little secret, 'kay?)

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Restaurants

1. PPATEL

Saw Morimoto at a chinese restaurant in Philly having Dim Sum. I was freaking awestruck, was 2 tables away from him...

August 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  2. D

Saw Elliott Gould at an outside a cafe in New York in the 80's, he smiled – sweet!

August 11, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  3. D

Sat across the isle in a plane from Jim Palmer and his wife. We respected each others space.

August 11, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  4. Leah (TXanimal)

I saw Barry Switzer on numerous occasions in Norman, OK...as well as Adrian Peterson while he was still a wee freshman. And although it's slightly off-subject, I ran into Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood at a Pottery Barn in Tulsa.

August 6, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants

I'd go gay for Anderson Cooper. Well, probably not. But I get he gets a lot of panties in the mail.

Also, I could care less if I saw a celebrity at a restaurant. Unless it was Colbie Caillat. Then I'd ask her to marry me, and get slapped with a restraining order.

August 6, 2010 at 9:24 am |
  6. Kat Kinsman

For me, Lou Reed & Laurie Anderson at Tocqueville. They kept kissing, really sweetly. My heart went thumpity thump.

August 5, 2010 at 9:02 pm |
  7. dax

When I was younger, Ted Turner hit me in the head with a bathroom door in Savannah. He was eating with Jane Fonda back then, so that's gotta be the biggest.

August 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,635 other followers