The candy had melted in the backseat of the car, turning the dark chocolate, marshmallows, granola and Gummi Bears into a hot, sticky mess. But Nick LaCava wasn't having any of this "throw it away" nonsense.
When he and his friends arrived home, LaCava, 23, tossed the bag into the fridge. A few hours later they dared him to eat it.
"It actually was really delicious," LaCava said. "That was the moment that the lightbulb went off in our heads."
LaCava and his friends started Chocomize, a customized chocolate company where people can go online and create their own chocolate bars, combining ingredients like nuts, fruits, spices and candy with dark, milk or white chocolate. Here are just a few of the most popular combos created online, as well as some of the most interesting names customers gave their bars:
1. Milk chocolate with marshmallows and graham teddies
2. White chocolate with Oreo cookie pieces
3. Milk chocolate with pretzels and chocolate candy pieces.
4. Dark chocolate with crunchy almond croquant, raspberries and papaya dices
5. Milk chocolate with macadamia nuts, banana chips, pineapple dices and coconut flakes
6. Dark chocolate with crystallized rose petals, chocolate butterfly and 23 karat gold flakes
7. Dark chocolate with cranberries and walnuts
8. Milk chocolate with whole almonds, caramel and pretzels
9. Milk Chocolate with bacon and sea salt
10. Milk with Gummi Bears, Nerds and chocolate candy pieces
Say my name:
1. Lavender Fields Forever - dark chocolate with lavender and poppy seeds
2. Salty Monkey - milk chocolate with banana chips, pretzels and chocolate candy
3. Fat Boy on a Diet Don't Try It - milk chocolate with Kit Kat, caramel, cookie dough, chocolate candy and "I love you" hearts
4. Classy Willy Wonka - dark chocolate with gold flakes, Gummi Bears and Runts
5. You're Killing Me Smalls - milk chocolate with graham crackers and marshmallows
Get the FULL STORY
Has a food foul-up like that ever inspired you to create a new dish or drink? Share it in the comments below and we may include it in a future post.
i love to munch banana chips for snacks. they are very nutritious too.-
Our personal blog site
<a href=" http://www.foodsupplemendigest.com/cinnamon-health-benefits/ "
No way man, chocri for the win.
this is...fantastic. I am going into raptures over it and definitely placing an order asap :p
Sorry to hear that you had a problem with your order or attempted order. If you would like to call us at 856 375 2041 we can try and figure out what happened.
Your Chocomize Team
I placed an order with these guys after reading this article. I never got a confirmation of my order, and when I contacted them to ask about that, I never got a reply. Thumbs down on these dudes and their Chocolate That Never Arrives.
I want raspberries in my chocolate. or something with cashews...mmmm
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 8,134 other followers