5@5 is a daily, food-related list from chefs, writers, political pundits, musicians, actors, and all manner of opinionated people from around the globe.
The irreverent wine guru is known for searching out inspiration in the more far flung regions of the vino world.
As a self-proclaimed Riesling-fanatic, Grieco's passion for the white wine runneth so deep, he dedicates an entire season to it. The "Summer of Riesling" includes temporary Riesling tattoos, a Riesling wine bar crawl, a concert featuring "four bands chosen for their high acidity, elegant concentration of fruit and incredible sense of place" and an audience with the Riesling Queen from Germany.
When he's not beating up Bordeaux or swirling Scheurebe, he's teaching his sons the important lessons about life in the restaurant biz.
Top Five Things He Wants to Teach His Sons: Paul Grieco
1. "The difference between a Mosel Riesling and a Rheingau Riesling."
2. "How to cook meat properly: let it rest."
3. "Hospitality and service are very different things ... and hospitality matters most."
4. "Always manage from the bottom up."
5. "Soccer is the greatest game ever." (Editors' Diagnosis: World Cup Fever)
Is there someone you'd like to see in the hot seat? Let us know in the comments below and if we agree, we'll do our best to chase 'em down.
« Previous entryLick the screen – fiddlehead ferns