5@5 is a daily, food-related list from chefs, writers, political pundits, musicians, actors, and all manner of opinionated people from around the globe.
We asked our readers about their biggest restaurant pet peeves - now, we're turning to one of the hospitality pros for his say.
Danny and his team have earned an astounding 21 James Beard Foundation Awards, including: Outstanding Restaurateur; Outstanding Service; and Outstanding Wine Service among others.
5 Phrases Danny Meyer Hopes You'll Never Hear in One of His Restaurants
1. "Are we still working on the salmon?"
2. "May I bring you a bottle of mineral water or do you drink Bloomberg tap water?"
3. "It's against our policy."
4. "May I grind some fresh pepper for the lady?"
5. "How is everyone enjoying themselves?"
Is there someone you'd like to see in the hot seat? Let us know in the comments below and if we agree, we'll do our best to chase 'em down.
« Previous entryFood in the Field – Abu Dhabi